Saturday, June 21, 2008

Happy Birthday!!

My Great Grandma turned 87 years old today. She spent her day doing her usual things. She's kinda funny cause she has her routine of things she does and how she does them. She even talks herself through these things as she's doing them. Well tonight we had dinner and then my mom got out her favorite, Pecan Pie. We had a candle on top of it so she could blow it out after we were done singing her happy birthday. This was a bit scary to me and my dad because she still had a mouth full of food from dinner that she was chewing. So we sung the song and the whole time I keep looking at her and then back at my dad, both of us are scared to death that she is going to blow chicken and rice all over her pie. Well after the song was sung we looked at the candle and by some lucky chance the candle had already been blown out. Relief came over me! I didn't have to watch her blow the candle and everything else out. The look on her face was priceless too. As you will see below she was a bit shocked that the candle was already blown out. She's too funny!! This is her after she found out the candle was already blown out, look at that face...
Oh well!
Dallin was mesmerized by the pie!
Yummy!!!
Happy 87th Birthday Grandma!!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

your grandma is the cutest gal! Your boys are growing up so fast too! I am jealous that you are in AZ. How I miss it there!

Dustin said...

Your grandma is so cute!! I love the look on her face when the candle blew out!! How long are you going to be in AZ?