Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hurray!!








We finally got a descent night of sleep!! After talking with my sis-in-law for a long time about Bryant's sleeping behavior Corey and I decided that he will only be allowed 2 naps a day, none of this 10min naps here and there and I did like Jennie said and put him to be when he was about 80% sleep and he had to do the rest. I waited until he was REALLY tired. Every time he would doze off I would say, "Hey no sleeping" so that way when I laid him down he was ready to be out! This worked wonderfully and he even took 2 really great naps. I was still worried that come night time it was all gonna be the same but last night around 9pm he was really tired and I tried to keep him up but gave up after only a few minutes. I put him to bed and he slept until 5:40am!! Wow!!! I was so amazed. I know people told me to not feed him but I figured this was pretty much a full nights sleep so then I fed him but he went right back to sleep for another good hour and a half. I was amazed!! But now I am still tired from getting to much sleep, what gives?? Oh well it was awesome and I hope that we have found our solution to this horrible problem. I am trying again today and we'll see if we get another good night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pics of Bryant! He is so adorable I wish he were here so I could give him a big hug and kiss. Yeah! A good nights sleep on the couch! Love ya!

Shaun Nansel Whipple said...

Your profile is awesome!

Meg and Russ said...

Hooray!!
I'm so glad he slept better for you! It's a bummer you're not coming to town. We Would LOVE to see you guys. Just make sure we get to go out when you're here next. My mom is doing great. No signs of any cancer right now. Hooray! That's too bad about your grandpa and your great grandma. It's not fun at all seeing people going through that junk, let alone being the one to go through it! Talk to you soon,
Meg