Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What a Wonderful Day!!

Well yesterday was Corey and I's 3rd Anniversary. And what a wonderful day it was!! We first started out the day by waking up and Corey's mother had made my favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy. Then Corey and I got away for a little while and went on a nice ride on the quad. So much fun!! It is so beautiful up here in Eagar. Then we came back to the house, had lunch and went up to his grandparents house (they live just behind his parents) and visited with them for a while. Corey's grandmother has Alzheimer's and so it is sometimes hard to have a conversation with her but we still love seeing her and grandpa and sure did enjoy our visit with them. After our visit we spent some time just the 4 of us out on the little lawn in front of the house playing baseball and frisbee with the boys. It was so fun to be together as a family. Then Corey and I got ready to go out to dinner. We went to what is now my ultimate favorite steak house, Molly Butlers. Wow was the food great!! The whole time we were eating Corey just kept saying oh my gosh, wow, oh my, wow! He got the prime rib, which was by far the best piece of meat either of us have ever had. I got the Molly Butler Signature chili and that was so so so good. A bit spicy but I love things that are spicy so it was perfect! After dinner we headed out to our camp site that we had set up earlier. Corey's mom was wonderful for watching the boys for us over night. Along with all his siblings the boys were well entertained. I have to admit I was not looking forward to leaving them. Bryant has never been without me that long and I am a little weird about leaving my kids. When we got back I could tell Bryant was happy to see me. Unlike Dallin he knows who his mommy is and has kinda become a mama's boy. I must say I am liking that quite well!! Sorry for those who have to watch him but it sure makes me feel good when he wants me. So to sum it all up the boys were good for the Whiting's and Corey and I had a wonderful anniversary!! I'm so glad that I have such an awesome husband that treats me so good. I look forward to spending all eternity with my best friend!! (I wish I had my camera with me but I didn't which is ok since I was able to give 100% attention to Corey and the boys all day)

5 comments:

Katrena said...

Although it wasn't as hard on Nick, it was hard for both of us to leave our kids when we went on our anniversary trip, even in safe hands, so I completely understand! I'm glad you had a nice day!

Dustin said...

I am so glad you had a great anniversary! I love Molly's too! I actually worked there during high school! They have the best prime rib and their special steak is to die for!! Not to mention their mud pie!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a nice anniversary! Good for you for getting away together.
Love ya!

mom of fab five said...

Wow--three years?!! Hard to believe--it was just yesterday i saw your cute faces smiling at each other in the temple. What a great day that was--i am so glad we got to share it with you!!
Here is to many many more years together!!

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

Kari we would absolutely LOVE to visit Puerto Rico with you guys, BUT we have plane tickets to visit my sister in Virginia that week before, so I don't think we can swing a two week vacation:o( If there were any way possible- we would be there in a heartbeat! Thanks for the invite! Did you ever get my package that I sent you??