Friday, July 11, 2008

What's been happening with the Whiting's?

Well yesterday we had to go to Walmart so we loaded up the car including our bikes so that we could go for a bike ride afterwards. We have a new favorite spot to ride bikes and it just so happens to be between our house and Walmart. So after we got out of Walmart it was raining pretty good with more on the way. Corey asked if I still wanted to go on a bike ride and I said sure why not? We had the water shield thing for the boys on their trailer if it got bad. So we headed to our fav spot, Mallard Creek and got ready to go. About half way down the trail it started to come down again and so we stopped and covered the boys and kept going. About a little over a mile down the road there is a huge tunnel that goes under the freeway. We stopped there to let the rain die down a little. While we waited Corey and I got the boys out of the trailer and Corey put Dallin down and started running out into the rain and Dallin followed. It was so stink'n cute I wish I had my camera. Dallin wouldn't stay out of the rain. He looked at us like we were crazy for not playing in it. I could just imagine him saying, "come on guys its only a shower" (he loves taking showers). But we waited about 15 min and then the rain slowed down and we were off back to the car. I told Corey that we should try to get back as fast as possible to get our heart rates up. That was SO fun. You have to imagine all the pictures I've sent of all the trees. Well this path/trail is like a tunnel of trees. I feel like I'm in a movie, like the Bridge to Terabithia or something so many times here cause the tress cover so many streets, anyways it was a blast going down the trail as fast as my wimpy legs would peddle. Corey and I were soaked by the time we were done and our backs were covered in dirt. But i would do it again in a heart beat!! Then as we were driving to Walmart I always wish I had my camera when we pass these trees cause they have vines from top to bottom and I love them. So I wanted to show them. This doesn't even do them justice cause this is going 45miles per hour done the street and trying to take a quick photo but I think you get the idea.

And then again the other night while I was cooking dinner Dallin wanted to help set the table so he went to his cabinet and got out all his bowls and put them on the table for dinner. It was so cute! He took one at a time and put them there. It was fun watching him walk back and forth through the tiny kitchen!






No comments: