I saw this in a magazine the other day and thought, Hey I can make those. So after I got home from the store I got out my scrap material and made some ABC blocks. They are lots of fun and the boys love them. I'm hoping that Dallin will learn the alphabet with them. We'll be working on that. I know there is a lot of girl fabric in them and I normally wouldn't make my boys stuff with girl fabric but it was scraps and I wanted to see how they would turn out because I'm planning to make them to sell. Now I know and I'm excited to make more!!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
ABC Blocks
Posted by
Kari Whiting
at
11:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






5 comments:
what a good idea- I love them!
so you did get new fabric! I see some heather bailey and sand henderson fabric in there. I like how the blocks have satin too. Way to go, creating something without a pattern!
Did you sew them with a stabilizer? Next time try using a something like Pellon iron on interfacing to stiffen up the sides and so they'll hold their shape better, while still being soft. They'll sell better that way, otherwise they smoosh and look distorted too easily.
Bryant sure loves them though!
Oooh--I totally want to buy those blocks--you are so cool like that! Also, that video is hilarious! Way to be mobile Bryant!
Just a question--they will have all the letters of the alphabet right? You only showed a few but I assume somehow you get all the letters.
Ohhh Those are so cool!
Post a Comment