Well I looked and looked for flights to Salt Lake City for the 5K to help NieNie. I'm sad to say there is no way I am going to make it there. Bummer!!! However, I talked to Corey and he told me to just donate the money I would have spent on my trip there to help NieNie and to do my own 5K here on Saturday. I thought that would be a great idea but I also thought, I can try to organize a 5K here for her. I have read that there are lots of people doing these kinds of things for her so I think I'll take a shot at it. The only thing is I don't really know how to go about doing something like that. If anyone knows anything about organizing a 5K run/walk and what I should do please let me know. Thanks a ton!!!
Sunday, October 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
ON a large scale, no clue. On a smal scale, just ask a few lady friends and map the distance out and go for it. I don't know, good luck.
That is so compassionate of you Kari to want to help. I would just start small this time and ask a couple of people to participate in a 5K walk. I'm sure they would appreciate any money you collect and you will feel good about helping NieNie.
I think that you could post it online in any sort of way, because the internet is a great way to spread the news, or events for that matter. make a news letter and send it out in your neighbhood, and ward. Put it in the stake bulliton. Tell the story about NieNie and what you want to do for her. I would love to join. I love running and especially for a great cause. Have you looked for flights through Denver, CO to Salt Lake? I fly to SLC from here all the time going thru DEN. Did your hubby ever work in Dulles? If he did then you can fly United as well. Just a little FYI. And sorry...hope you don't mind me commenting! Like I said, Cody my hubbyworks with Corey, and Becky Darlington is a mutual friend. :) Good luck, and let me know if you don't mind, I would love to be involved. I can even put word here in South Charlotte Stake because there would people interested as well that I run with.
Post a Comment