These first few pictures are of our ward party last Saturday. They had carnival type things to do and it was lots of fun! The boys had a blast!!
Bryant looks pretty silly in this first picture.
This is Dallin enjoying a cupcake we won in the cake walk.
Here he is jumping in the big bouncy thing.
Then this is what we did today. I had the great idea of having a day dedicated to random acts of kindness. I knew that the lady I visit teach needed her lawn mowed but her lawn mower was broken. So Corey, the boys and I went over and tried to fix the mower and mow the lawn. Corey worked on the mower and did fix the problem they thought was keeping it from working but there was another problem so we weren't able to get it mowed. We did however get about 200 mosquito bites between the four of us. I helped her clean up her back yard. I am feeling most the bites on my head right now. I'm sure my legs will look great tomorrow. Anyways it was still a nice time to visit with her.
Cute Bryant
Dallin found a kitty friend in the back yard, he is a lover of cats!!
Then we came home ate lunch and all the boys including Corey took naps. After they got up we wanted to do some more kind things so I called the compassionate service person in our ward and we found out that there is a really old lady, about 90, in our ward in the nursing home close to our home. So we loaded up the boys and went to visit her. I was way excited because this has always been one of my favorite things to do!! I guess according to my Relief Society Pres. she doesn't get many visits at all. She also has a very short term memory and is hard of hearing.Dallin didn't want to leave the house without his stuffed animals. He even dropped one on the way out and was so concerned and turned around to pick it back up.
Dallin is not wanting his picture taken here.
Bryant and Arrie getting to know each other. She loved the boys. Dallin wasn't so sure of her at first but really warmed up to her later.
See what I mean, we decided to go for a walk after visiting with her for a while and he took her by the hand as we walked the halls of the nursing home. It was so dang cute. I sure love his sweet spirit!! Then as we were leaving I told him to say good bye to her and he actually said "bye". I was in shock. He can now say bye!! And then I told him to give her a hug goodbye and he went up and gave her a kiss. She was so tickled and loved it. I think we will be going back there often to check on her. I would love for my kids to love the elderly like I do.
Then about 2 months ago we got these free Italian Ice coupons in the mail and we finally took advantage of them. So stopped by the store and got them and had ourselves a good treat for all our hard work, if you can really call it that. We sure did enjoy our day. I love helping other in need!!
Bryant wasn't so sure of the Ice.
Dallin loved it!!
And as you can see I loved it too!!
Then when we got home from all that I cooked dinner and I just have to say I'm one lucky lady. My boys are too good to me. They love everything I make. Dallin absolutely loves spaghetti and he decided that he was even going to lick his plate after he was done. It makes me feel so good that they appreciate my cooking even if it is not that good.
"What me, I didn't do it, oh yeah, my mom is the best cook ever!!" said Dallin in a deep manly voice.
"oh yeah pretty good stuff"
"Yeah I love it too, she is the prettiest lady and she makes the best foods ever!!" in a squeaky baby voice!!
Look at that mouth, yummy!!
Ok I'm sorry if that is totally cheesy but it makes me laugh.Here is a video of Dallin at the ward party in the big bouncy thingy, what do you call that thing???






5 comments:
Look at you! You touched into the soul of the elderly woman in the nursing home with your kindness and the boys' sweetness. I'm proud of you.
Those are pretty cute and messy dinner pics.
What a great day! I love your idea for a service day. I know both women appreciated it very much.
I love your little boy voices too- i got a laugh out of it:)
That's great Kari--thanks for the inspiration! We sometimes get so caught up in our own lives we don't reach out enough--I appreciate your example!
You really are a great woman! It takes someone pretty special to get 3 other people motivated to do what you guys did! You are a wonderful wife to help your husband and teach him good qualities, a wonderful mom who sets wonderful examples and loves your her boys sooo much, and a wonderful soul that you try to help in all ways you can! I am so impressed with the Woman you are and more so in the Wife and Mom you are! Great job Kari you are an inspiration to all Women!!!
That's an amazing idea! You guys are so wonderful to help out those in need. Your boys are just too cute! We miss you.
Post a Comment