So we decided to have either Corey or I fly home today and get the birth certificates. What a huge blessing it is that Corey is a pilot and we can fly for free. So we decided that since Corey can jump seat, meaning sit in the cockpit with the other pilots he should go just in case there are no open seats on the plane. This turned out to be a wise decision since he did end up jump seating. I took him to the airport at 4:30 this morning. He got on the plane at 6am and was there in Charlotte around 12:00pm Charlotte time. He called me after he got off the plane and I was super excited and thrilled that he had gotten there. I asked him how it was going and he said terrible. I was shocked to hear this, wasn't he happy that we would still be able to go to Mexico this week??? Well turns out he had gotten there with out taking our car and house keys. Ahhhhhhhhh!!! My stomach just started burning. Why was it working out this way??? I told him to just get a cab and ask the office at the apt's to open the door for him. Well it's much cheaper to just rent a car for the day then to get a cab for an hour. So he rented a super cool mustang for about $27 and headed home. We were feeling pretty good at this point. Then he got home and looked in the black box that we always put our important papers in and what did he find... NO birth certificates!! What the heck??? So He search and searched for the papers and I started looking through some boxes at my parents house that are ours. I found one box with some important papers and almost got scared that the certificates would be in there. Did Corey fly all the way to NC just to have the papers be here?? Well good thing they weren't in the box but where the heck could they be?? He kept looking and I was headed over to my brother-in-laws where we also have some papers and I got a call from Corey saying that he had finally found them. Now he is taking a nap and will hopefully get on a very full flight back to AZ tonight. Let's hope the rest of the week goes better!!!
(while all this was going on all I could do was laugh, like Joseph B. Wirthlin said, don't get angry just laugh it off!!)






3 comments:
This whole thing just cracks me up- Seriously, what a story!
HOOORAH!!!!!!! I am so glad you guys are going--my kids are so excited!!! In less than 12 hours we will be pulling out of here for some much needed R&R--we made sure and put in the birth certificates already!!
Love ya--can't wait to spend time with you all!
Oh my goodness Kari! LOL! That's just too funny! What a day.
Post a Comment