Dallin LOVES to help me cook. I think it is nice that he likes being helpful, but it's getting out of control!! Look at this picture. I walked into the kitchen and he was holding on to the oven while standing on the lower drawer that pulls out to put your pots in, trying to reach the stove. Ahhh!! What is a mommy to do when her boy is that determined to cook?
He was also crying so hard! What the heck, has anyone else ever had a kid that loved cooking this much? Maybe it's my own fault cause I let him cook his own eggs and stir the sauce for spaghetti. Anything that I think he is capable of doing I let him do, it's just... I don't want to stand over a hot stove continually stirring spaghetti sauce when it's not needed. I thought about getting him his own kitchen but I know that isn't the same thing and I know he'll know it to. Maybe he'll be a real chef someday. I would love that! But in the meantime any suggestions?






2 comments:
If you found a play kitchen at a garage sale for cheap I'd say it would be worth a try. Or may just give him a real bowl and spoon and have him sit at the table and stir (or maybe you've already tried that). Belen helps too and sometimes it just gets out of control. I'm sure it will pay off in the long run when he is a good and healthy eater.
He will totally throw a fit, i'm sure, but you need to put locks on all the cabinets! Then you should give him a couple bowels & spoons & maybe buy some preted food for him to play w/.
I would hate for him to somehow, someday be able to reach the stove and something bad happen.
Good Luck!
Post a Comment