Saturday, April 12, 2008

Our Little Hike

On Friday Corey the kids and I went on a hike. It was a pretty short hike but it was pretty fun. On Thursday at play group we went to a park and some of the other mom's were saying how there are a lot of places to hike around the park. I made a mental note to not mention this to Corey for fear he would make us go hiking. Well, I felt a little guilty since the weather is so nice and the boys love it outside. SO Friday morning I mentioned it to him and we were out the door in no time. We did have fun. We hiked to Dragonfly Pond. After the hike was all over and we got back to the car I noticed from my reflection in the van window I had a tiny worm hanging from a strand of hair. I took it off and told Corey about it. Just as I did that I looked down to find another little worm on my shirt. Eww!! I didn't understand why I had worms on me. Well, we were driving home and I felt something tickle my leg...yes you guessed it another stupid little worm. By now I am feeling pretty gross and I felt like I had worms all over me. You know that feeling you get when your watching a show on bees or something and you feel like they are all over you, ya that's what I was feeling. Then I noticed another worm on my pants. I was freaking out and all Corey could do was laugh at me. I told him I was getting straight in the shower when we got home and he says, "No I'm first, I haven't had one in a while..." My response was..." No way, I have worms!!!" He started laughing pretty hard when I said that. I didn't find anymore worms after that thanks goodness. But being the lovely husband that he is Corey later asked, "did you find any more worms?" "NO" "Well did you look to see if maybe they burrowed themselves into your skin?" What a punk!!




Dallin saw a lot of cool things on the ground and had to stop to look at them all.
Here's Bryant and I.
Turtles at the pond, thought RJ would like this one.

Corey had to pick Dallin up a couple of time and carry him or else we would have been there all day looking at all the different sticks and leaves.
Here's the pond. It was pretty big, like the size of an Arizona lake.
Looking at more rocks.


I don't really know why but Dallin is into this spiting thing. He is constantly making bubbles and letting them run down his chin. Weird!!
Notice how long this bubble beard is.
This is a video of Corey putting a frog on Dallin's leg. Watch what Dallin does with it. It's pretty funny!!

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Oooh--we need to go on a hike! Everyone's blogs are inspiring me to so stuff--that is a great thing! I love the video of Dallin!

Carolyn said...

Man--I need to read over my posts! I meant to DO stuff!

Cody, Marianne, and Preston :o) said...

Looks like fun! How are you doing on your little weight loss program? ... You are looking GOOD!