Sweet, SWEET land of liberty of thee we sing!!
Yesterday Corey and I enjoyed this beautiful land we have to live in by taking the boys on a wonderful bike ride. It was so beautiful in the trees and the weather was great.
See what I mean...
And while we were riding I learned the difference between a cardinal and a red robin.
This was a cool yet very scary bridge to me. I am not a fan of bridges and this was made way to much noise as I rode across it.
After our bike ride we stopped at a picnic table to eat our lunch that we brought with us. It was a very good day for the Whiting clan.


While we rode our bikes I told Corey that we should make up a poem in honor of our country for the 4th of July. So please keep in mind that we are not poets and don't claim to be good by any means but this is what we came up with:
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
Your quite a sight to see.
With your rolling hills,
And your daffodils,
This is where we want to be.
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
From ocean to ocean we roam.
Phoenix has pools,
but North Carolina is cool,
There's no place we'd rather call home.
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
And to all the brave that were willing to fight,
it's because of those few,
we have the red white and blue,
Thank you dear friend,
For enduring to the end,
Now...
Now it's home to say goodnight.
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
Your quite a sight to see.
With your rolling hills,
And your daffodils,
This is where we want to be.
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
From ocean to ocean we roam.
Phoenix has pools,
but North Carolina is cool,
There's no place we'd rather call home.
Oh how we love thee,
Our beautiful Country,
And to all the brave that were willing to fight,
it's because of those few,
we have the red white and blue,
Thank you dear friend,
For enduring to the end,
Now...
Now it's home to say goodnight.






2 comments:
Wow, I so jealous! Its beautiful there!
I'm not a fan of bridges either.
Post a Comment