On Monday we went to the North Carolina Zoo. It was a ton of fun!! It was a very cold 50 degrees outside but we bundled up and had a blast!! I think I had just as much fun as Dallin did. When we first got there I was running around like a little kid in a candy store. I absolutely LOVE the zoo. This zoo was especially fun cause there were so many animals and they were all out and SO close!! They have two sides to the zoo. The Africa side and the North America side. You can probably guess which animals they have in each side. It is a HUGE zoo and we walked all over! Dallin was really funny, every time we would leave one exhibit to go to the next he would start crying cause he thought we were done and leaving. I think he figured it out after a while cause he stopped doing this, but it lasted about an hour. He loved it, however I think he liked the waterfalls in some exhibits better than the animals themselves.
Here we are at the entrance as a family.
I love this picture of Corey and Dallin.
Yummy!!
We had just finished eating and I thought it was a nice place for us to eat, but... even though I had my nursing hider thing, it probably was the worst place to nurse. After I had got everything out and Bryant was eating, it seemed like everyone that came to the zoo that day decided to come to that exact spot. It was actually in the middle of this circle if you can imagine this, we were sitting on the bench smack dab in the middle of a circle, where everyone has to walk around to get from one animal to another. Stupid Kari. I should have thought that out a little better. I was pretty embarrassed when at the same moment I started nursing a bunch of school kids, probably middle school, came running down the hill towards me to get to the monkeys. I avoided eye contact with everyone!! I will think twice before I nurse in public again. I'll look at my surroundings for sure!!!
Dallin and Daddy went to look at this really cool Lion statue while I nusred.
Here are a few of the super cool animals we saw at the zoo.
This cool red bird...






4 comments:
way cool animal pictures--so close up! It is amazing how the animals will come out when it is not soooo blasted HOT. The nursing story had me cracking up--I am sure you were more concious about it than others around you were--juat pretend like you are snuggling the baby nex time.
Wow...that zoo actually looks cool. I think way cooler and more hands-on than the Phx Zoo. Looks like you guys are having way too much fun. (apart from the public indecency part)
Wow that looks like fun! And it seems like you have a good view of the animals. I'm glad you guys got to do something fun togather.Your such a cute little family.
How fun!! Looks like you guys had a great time!!
Post a Comment