Thursday, September 11, 2008

All Alone...

Every time I take Corey to the airport for his job and know that he will be gone for a few days I get a feeling of loneliness. I'm just not sure how to be a friend I guess?!? I have the same conversation with Corey every time I take him also, why don't I have friends? He always tells me that I need to be the friend that I want to have but I am trying to be that person I just am not sure who to be that person to. I am really confused, maybe I didn't learn the lesson on how to be a good friend, someone that others wanted to be around. Am I the only young mom that has nothing to do? I mean I can clean my house and then clean it again. I can take care of my babies but is that all us young mom's are supposed to do? How boring!!! There has to be something I am missing! Is there like some secret society that I have not been informed of? Does every mom have these feelings of boredom and loneliness? If so why? We should, meaning the lonely and bored cause I know there are those of you out there (Carolyn) that have plenty to keep yourselves busy, but us non-busy moms should get together and hang out. Oh wait most of the people I know live hundreds of miles away from me. Dang it!!! Well that's another thing, why the heck can't I find friends here? I'm so sick and tired of not having friends! If anyone has any ideas for me please let me know what the heck is wrong with me!!! Thanks!

2 comments:

mom of fab five said...

Here are some ideas from some of my friends who have moved around and been in the same situation.

invite others over for a play date
meet at the park
have couples over for dinner
initiate conversations with those you do not know
meet your neighbors

I know it is hard--having moved around i have been in the same situation--YOU have so much to offer---you are so talented--don't hide your light under the bush-
SHINE__SHINE--SHINE--let those around you see what you have to offer and before you know it you will be beating them off with a stick! Being a young mom can be and does feel isolating at times--find things that bring you joy--like your sewing and such.

Let me know how it goes--
much love,Leigh ANn

Carolyn said...

What I am tired of is seeing people move out of our ward that have been my good friends and knowing that we are going to stay until Jack is released! Sorry, that has nothing to do with your porblem. Well, I guess it does because what I have relized is that there are many people in my ward that I haven't gotten to know, and just when I think that I don't have anyone to talk to, I realize that, "Hey, I don't know her that well. I wonder what's she's like." And then it is kind of fun to branch out..doesn't mean I don't miss seeing old friends as often though...