I just got home from the Women's Broadcast and I just have to say I love this gospel!! I love the church that I belong to! I love the people that gave talks tonight, and for all the many wonderful people there at the church building with me. The broadcast didn't start until 8pm here on the east coast so for our stake they had a Relief Society Conference before had. We had different classes to go to and let me just say that was fantastic!! I didn't get the memo that it started at 5 so when I found out at 5:45 I threw a dress on gave all the boys a kiss and rushed out the door. I got there in time to get the second round of classes before dinner. I went to a class about stress and it was great. Then we had dinner and then watched the broadcast. I absolutely loved the talk by Sis. Julie B. Beck. When she talked about who was gonna be her mom when her mom left I knew how she was feeling. I am so grateful for this past week and the incredible amount of blessing I have received to be able to find so many friends. It's like I had been praying for friends then all of a sudden wham, Heavenly Father threw like 3 or 4 of them at me in one week. Tonight as I sat there and listened to this talk I actually felt like I was surrounded by my sisters, and I was so grateful to have this feeling. I felt close to those around me and love them very much. After Elder Uchtdorf's talk I wanted to go out and help everyone in need and never stop smiling. I thought about all the people that I have met or seen recently and how I wish I would have helped them more. I will try harder from now on. I want my children to see me doing acts of service. I want them to see me happy and being kind to others. I want them to see me kneeling in prayer, I want to set that good example for them so that they will grow up and do it themselves. I have had the best feelings that my heavenly father loves me and is happy with me and where I am in life. I continue to want to grow and be better. Since I moved over here I have gone out with the sister missionaries several times and let me tell you me testimony has grown SO SO SO much since I started. I have found out so many reasons why I love this church and how it blesses my life and how it can bless others lives too. I want to tell people (I'm still working on that) but it makes me so happy when I see others learning about the gospel and wanting to know more. I brings me such great joy that I know it makes my heavenly father that much more happy!! I'm grateful for this wonderful church and all the happiness I have from living the gospel.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
That was so wonderful! It is funny you mentioned that about prayer, lastnight I asked Josalyn is she wanted to talk to baby Jesus. that is what she calls him, and she said no. I dont want to push it so I so ok you can listen and I want to thank him for all he does for us! By the end she was laughing and talking to him and we ended by telling him thank you and we loved him. You are right leading by example is the best way to teach. I am so happy that your week has brought you so many wonderful blessing!
Kari- you are an amazing girl and a wonderful example :o) Keep up the good work and personally, I can't wait until you move to Flag and can be my friend again more often ;o)
Post a Comment