Well we are finally home again after being in Arizona for the last week and a half. We had tons of fun, but I must admit I think I over did myself at the very end!! Our plans for going to AZ consisted of:
1. Family Reunion
2. Clean out Storage Unit
3. Garage Sale
4. Visit Family and Friends
I can say we did accomplish all those thing!! First, we got there on the wed. before the reunion so that we could move the piano my parents had given me a year ago. My lovely sis-in-law and family were storing it for us but since they were moving to Michigan it needed to find a new home. I would have liked to keep it but I couldn't find another place to store it so I had to try and sell it. After going to pick up the piano I could see that my sis-in-law was in need of some help packing so I offered to help her. Then next day I went over and helped her pack up, hopefully I did it well enough that I was helpful and not just a waste of time. It's hard to pack for other people as we all know, because it's not our stuff and everyone has "their" way of doing things. So after that was done we left on Friday for the family reunion. We had a ton of fun, the theme this year for our family reunion was "Rednecks". We had the redneck Olympics in honor of the Olympics this year. We had a hub cap throwing event, lifesaver/toothpick passing event, and the trampoline event. Me and Corey performed the couples routine on the trampoline. It was pretty silly but fun!! Then Corey had to go back to Charlotte for work. I stayed in AZ to empty the storage unit and have a garage sale. On wed I went and visited one of my friends that is preggo. She wasn't feeling so hot being preggo and all, so I brought in the troops to help out a little. Then the next day emptying the storage was quite the task for a mom with two babies. I did a few loads from the unit to my sis-in-laws house (where I was having the garage sale) in my car with the boys, that didn't work so well cause there is only so much room in a car with 2 car seats. So luckily my wonderful father and brother helped me on Thursday night to finish emptying it. Then I stayed up late Thursday setting up the sale and early Friday morning I got up, put out signs, and did the sale. I had a great turn out on Friday. My sis-in-law, I have a lot of those, Kirsten came over to help me with the boys, thanks Kirsten. Then on Sat. after getting no sleep because Bryant wasn't doing good that night, I did it all over again. I didn't have as much luck Sat. as I did Friday with people buying stuff. Right before I hauled off all of the leftover stuff to my parents house I sold my piano. Yahoo!! I made a grand total of $630 off all my junk. And I still have a ton of stuff that I can sell. Does anybody need a couch?? Anyways, that's where I did myself in!!! My dad and I moved everything from my in-laws to his back porch and that couch was super heavy!!! I'm a little worried because I had a c-section 7 months ago and that couch was pretty heavy and I have been having a lot of problems since then involving that area that would make me think I might have hurt myself, anybody know anything about c-sections and about how long it takes to heal from them entirely??? Anyways, by Sunday I was just purely exhausted!!! Physically and emotionally and just about every way you can think. I got up at 3:45am to catch my plane that left a 6:00am on Monday morning. My dad helped me to security and then I took it solo the rest of the way. Luckily the boys were pretty well behaved and we got home around 12:30 and then waited til 3:30 for Corey to get done flying to go home. It was good to go to AZ and see everyone but we are happy to be home and especially to have Corey here with us. Now here are a few, well a lot of photos from our trip...
1. Family Reunion
2. Clean out Storage Unit
3. Garage Sale
4. Visit Family and Friends
I can say we did accomplish all those thing!! First, we got there on the wed. before the reunion so that we could move the piano my parents had given me a year ago. My lovely sis-in-law and family were storing it for us but since they were moving to Michigan it needed to find a new home. I would have liked to keep it but I couldn't find another place to store it so I had to try and sell it. After going to pick up the piano I could see that my sis-in-law was in need of some help packing so I offered to help her. Then next day I went over and helped her pack up, hopefully I did it well enough that I was helpful and not just a waste of time. It's hard to pack for other people as we all know, because it's not our stuff and everyone has "their" way of doing things. So after that was done we left on Friday for the family reunion. We had a ton of fun, the theme this year for our family reunion was "Rednecks". We had the redneck Olympics in honor of the Olympics this year. We had a hub cap throwing event, lifesaver/toothpick passing event, and the trampoline event. Me and Corey performed the couples routine on the trampoline. It was pretty silly but fun!! Then Corey had to go back to Charlotte for work. I stayed in AZ to empty the storage unit and have a garage sale. On wed I went and visited one of my friends that is preggo. She wasn't feeling so hot being preggo and all, so I brought in the troops to help out a little. Then the next day emptying the storage was quite the task for a mom with two babies. I did a few loads from the unit to my sis-in-laws house (where I was having the garage sale) in my car with the boys, that didn't work so well cause there is only so much room in a car with 2 car seats. So luckily my wonderful father and brother helped me on Thursday night to finish emptying it. Then I stayed up late Thursday setting up the sale and early Friday morning I got up, put out signs, and did the sale. I had a great turn out on Friday. My sis-in-law, I have a lot of those, Kirsten came over to help me with the boys, thanks Kirsten. Then on Sat. after getting no sleep because Bryant wasn't doing good that night, I did it all over again. I didn't have as much luck Sat. as I did Friday with people buying stuff. Right before I hauled off all of the leftover stuff to my parents house I sold my piano. Yahoo!! I made a grand total of $630 off all my junk. And I still have a ton of stuff that I can sell. Does anybody need a couch?? Anyways, that's where I did myself in!!! My dad and I moved everything from my in-laws to his back porch and that couch was super heavy!!! I'm a little worried because I had a c-section 7 months ago and that couch was pretty heavy and I have been having a lot of problems since then involving that area that would make me think I might have hurt myself, anybody know anything about c-sections and about how long it takes to heal from them entirely??? Anyways, by Sunday I was just purely exhausted!!! Physically and emotionally and just about every way you can think. I got up at 3:45am to catch my plane that left a 6:00am on Monday morning. My dad helped me to security and then I took it solo the rest of the way. Luckily the boys were pretty well behaved and we got home around 12:30 and then waited til 3:30 for Corey to get done flying to go home. It was good to go to AZ and see everyone but we are happy to be home and especially to have Corey here with us. Now here are a few, well a lot of photos from our trip...
The flight to AZ was wide open so we gave Dallin is own row.
Aunt Cris and Dallin
This was Dallin at my friend Meg's house, remember I brought in the troops, he vacuumed I scrubbed toilets.
Jax, her little boy also helped vacuum.
Bryant let mommy clean the bathroom while he watched, what a good boy!
Here are the three boys together, after hanging out with them I decided I wouldn't mind having all boys, they were so fun to watch!!
Bryant and Cousin Ella, Bryant isn't really crawling quite yet but in this picture it looks like he is. He's good at going backwards?!
Ella and Bryant in the pack-and-play at the garage sale.
This was us eating lunch in the airport after we got back to Charlotte and we were waiting for Corey.







7 comments:
Hey there's not one picture of me during your stay here. What the heck! Even Aunt Cris got a picture with Dallin. We've got to do better next time!
But let me say, it was great having you here and I miss all of you already. Love you!
sorry mom, i even noticed that too. what the heck, i'll just have it known that my mom was a huge help and did hold my kidos a lot while i was there. thanks mom love ya!
Oh man they are cute! Hey, when people ask about the blankets how much do you want me to tell them they are?
Looks like you had a great time! About the c-section, my doctor told me that it takes 3 months to completely heal. Although there are times that I still get sore there especially if Braden jumps on me!
WHat soes your couch look like? We are in desperate need of a couch but don't have the money to fork out for a new one. Can you give me more info about your couch and what you want for it? Jake has a truck so if it works out, he cna pick it up as soon as he needs to. Let me know. Jen Dieu
sounds like a crazy trip! your sister looks just how i remember her- can't even remember the last time i saw her though. and i seriously love the new hair. just cut mine too!
Post a Comment