This morning was a little different than most for me. Just to give you a little background on what I'm dealing with here... When I moved here I was assigned a visiting teaching companion. This girl is a little special. She cannot see well enough to drive and can hardly hear. It makes it a little challenging sometimes. Well earlier this week she called me and asked if I would take her to the church on Wed. morning to get her food. I was a little confused why her food was at the church but soon realized that it was a food order that she needed. I told her that I had no problem doing that and I would come get her on wed. Now when ever we go visiting teaching I always call our sisters and set everything up but I thought it might be good for her to do this once in a while so I had her call them and set it up. She got a hold of one lady and told her be would come by on wed. Tuesday night I got a call from the lady we were going to visit and she also needed her food order picked up so I told her that I would do that, no problem. So instead of going way over to pick up my visiting teaching partner, drive all the way back by my house to the church and then all the way back to her house to drop off her food, and so on... I just called her and told her that I was going to pick up her food and bring it to her and then we would go VT. When I arrived at the church this morning I was a little nervous because I wasn't sure where to go or what I would need to get their food. I soon witnessed why ours is the true church. I stood there while this huge truck was unloaded and everyone helped to get things organized. It was amazing to me how wonderful it is for people to receive this wonderful blessing. I pitched in and helped to get it organized and then went and stood in line for my dear sisters that were in need of help but couldn't go to the church themselves. I just sat there in awe at how cool this whole experience was. I turned to the girl behind me and started talking to her about how neat it was and then mentioned how it was kind of chilly out. She said yeah I'm not used to this cold weather. We got to talking and found out we had a TON!!! in common! Here's the list of the things we have in common, get ready to be amazed!!!
1. We are both from AZ.
2. We both moved here 6 months ago.
3. We both now live in Charlotte
4. We both have 2 kids, which are both 1 year apart, hers are 1 &2, mine are almost 1 &2.
5. Both our husbands are pilots.
Now how freak'n crazy is that??? We talked for a while and exchanged numbers and found a new friend. I am so grateful that I could meet her. As I drove away this morning I thought about how much my heavenly father loves me. He knew exactly what he was doing with me all along. A few weeks ago I was kind of frustrated with the ward and wondered why they would put me with this visiting teaching partner and to visit these old ladies that live so far from me. I almost asked if they would switch me with someone more like me so that I might find a friend. Well today I figured it out. He put me with Terresa, so that she would call me this week to get her food. He had me teach Adaline so that I would also get her food for her. I needed to be there today to meet my new friend Becky. To give her a friend. I have been praying to find a friend and by golly he answered my prayers. I called Corey after I left and explained to him what had happened and he told me that him and the boys had prayed for me to find a friend also this morning. I love my heavenly father and all he does for me. He is amazing!!
Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Blessings!!!
Posted by
Kari Whiting
at
10:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
I have tears streaming down my face right now. I'm so happy for you Kari! I too have been praying for you to find a friend. Love you so much!
That is so great Kari! I hope it works out and that you have found the friend you've been looking for. You should write this experience in your journal. Hey, wait, I guess you did write about it in your blog journal. Love you!
I am so happy for you sweetie, it is truly amazing when we experience and acknowledge what he gives us and when he does it. God is amazing and I am so happy for you! I was not the best friend when you were here and now I think that we would have so much fun being moms if you were here! I am proud that you are who you are and that you are such a wonderful person, Becky is truly the luck person!
way cool--it brought tears to my eyes--isn't it neat how the lord knows us each personally? If only we had the faith to know that and realize that he does things in his time--not ours. I am glad you had such an AH HA moment and made a new friend! The church gives us so many different opportunities--what an amazing story!
See you soon!
Wow--thanks for sharing that great experience! What a testimony builder and how wonderful to feel so loved.
He works in mysterious ways.
I am so glad you found a friend!!
Thx for sharing.
I don't know how it all works, but it just does, and doesn't it just give you the hugest smile?
So I am always looking for cool, cheap, fun family events! I found this site:http://microsite.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/about.html
Saturday is National Museum Day and all you have to do is print out a card and 2 people get in free! There is a pull down bar that lets you see what museums are available to you. It is Nation wide and it looks pretty awesome. I though of you with families because you do lots of family stuff like me and with the economy it is hard to do family events and this is a great way to do educational and family, cheap! Hope it helps ... We are going to the ZOO! Yea!!!
I'm that friend Kari wrote about, and I just have to say that I feel the EXACT same way!!! That made me cry. When I bore my testimony in church this morning about all the trials we've been through in the past 6 months and the blessings we have received I thought of you. And, I called my husband right after I left too to tell him how excited I was to have met you! I told him, "There is no WAY this was a coincidence. It was an answer to my prayers!" And, getting to know you more tonight, I was blown away again by how much we have in common! It's amazing! Allen was thrilled on the way home too by the way! Thanks for having us over for dinner!!! :o)
Post a Comment