Friday, August 8, 2008

Just one of those days...

You know those days when things seem to be harder than usual. Today I woke up and got the boys up and was doing some morning things and had Bryant on the ground and I heard a loud wet sounding noise coming from him. I thought oh my, well that's gonna be a messy one. So I got the boys clothes out and I got ready to go for a walk to the store and when I went back to Bryant who was patiently waiting on the ground for me, I pulled him closer to me and that's when I saw it. He had exploded out his diaper. And it was all over the carpet. My poor carpet!! And when I pulled him closer to me I had smeared it in a long line across the floor. And this was prune juice poop. The kind that's dark and stains. I hurried and got the carpet cleaner all the while yelling at Dallin to stay out of the poop. He likes to help smear those things. Anyways when I got back Bryant had layed in it and it was all up his arm. So I took him over to the sink, hosed him off, got the carpet cleaned up, put all the dirty stuff away, got ready to go to the store (put the boys in the stroller) and then my only pair of white flip flops broke. I guess you couldn't really call them white but that's what they were. So I was a little flustered but kept moving forward. Then when I got home from the store I decided enough was enough and I wanted to clean my very dirty house. So I tore apart the boys room, closet and all to get organized. We got a toddler bed for Dallin so I was making room for it. I kept cleaning and cleaning all day and everytime I would stop and look at my progress I didn't see any. Isn't the a bummer, when you feel like you have been doing so so so much and when you step back to look all you see is messes everywhere. I swear it looked like a tornado went through my house. I had been cleaning so much and only took breaks to smile at the boys once in a while say hi and make lunch and dinner. I would have to stop to pick up Bryant cause he had had enough with his boring toys. At about 3:30 I was so hot and tired I kinda flipped and while Corey was on the computer looking for other sources of income and I was cleaning, changing diapers, and holding babies I finally slammed down a cd on the computer desk as if to say I need your help and your not giving it to me. He got kinda upset when I did that and I realized how silly I was for doing it to. He said "OK!! If you want me to clean the house tell me what to do." I looked at him with an embarrassed smile and said I would really love it if you would take the bikes to the car. Then I apologized for being dumb. And got back to cleaning. He got ready to take the bikes out and then decided he wanted to make a plan for dinner. He was about to sit done to make his plan when I kindly said, "AFTER you take the bikes out". How quickly he forgets things!! So anyways... We stopped for dinner and I continued to clean and I was vacuuming and if any of you have met my little man Dallin he LOVES to vacuum!! So he had to help. I was so tired of cleaning and just wanted to be done so I told him, "No Dallin mommy is gonna do this really fast this time" Well he didn't like that and if he couldn't vacuum then no body was gonna vacuum. He went over and unplugged it. Silly kid. He was so mad at me, it was kinda funny now that I think about it but it sure wasn't at the time. But any how I did finish my cleaning and now I can look around and take a deep breath and love the house I'm in. It's so nice to have a clean house. I might have been a terrible mom today but once in a while we need to get control of our lives and if that means cleaning all day then so be it!!

No comments: