Well my youngest son has ruined our plans for going to AZ. Well actually it is not his fault, it's the darn person that went to the store that gave him CHICKEN POX that is to blame. Yes that is right, my baby Bryant has the pox. He woke up this morning with a few red spots on his neck and I thought it was weird. I thought they were just bug bites but those few grew a little more. I called my sis-in-law to see what her girls pox looked like but turns out she never got them, lucky her! We talked a while and thought maybe it was just an allergic reaction to something, so I gave him some allergy medicine. Well after speaking with a few more mom's (Corey's and my own) I started to research chicken pox and hives and it sure looks like those dang ol' pox. He is getting more and more red spots and they are forming little yellow centers. I am praying hard that they will scab over fast. We were supposed to go to AZ on wed but looks like we won't be doing that anymore. This is terrible because I will miss my family reunion which I have been looking forward to for many weeks now, and I had a huge garage sale planned for the following weekend. If Bryant's pox scab over before the weekend of the garage sale I might still come for that because I really need to sell all my stuff. But if they haven't then we'll have to postpone it a little longer. Hopefully Dallin won't get them next. He was immunized when he was 12 months so I think he'll be ok but only time will tell. Please pray for my baby boy!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






3 comments:
Sorry you had such a hard day Kari! I'm glad you got it figured out what Bryant has now. If he had had the yellow centers this morning when you called me, I would've told you it was chicken pox too. Hopefully he'll scab over soon so you won't miss out on your trip!
I'm sorry! :( I hope he gets better soon.
usually they break ou with chicken pox two weeks after they have been exposed--so if if is sooner than i doubt that is it--my kids ran fevers as well. If you stretch the red spot and it turns white it is inflamation vs. infection. Normally the pox show up in the head and groin area first--they like the warm moist spots. I would call the nurse/doctor it he has a bunch of them because you would hate for them to be bug bites and him have a reaction--better safe than sorry. YOu can put caladryl on the red marks and that helps with the itching--I had 4 of my kids get chicken pox--but still call just to be on the safe side and to have his outbreak recorded if that is what it is--then he won't need the shot
Post a Comment