Well after rearranging our furniture in just about every room in the house we had no place to put our bikes. So I thought it would be a good idea to put them in our car since we take them with us to the park and stuff to ride them. So that is where we store them now. But because we are storing them in the car we don't have room for our back seats in the car anymore. So we brought them in the house and I figured this was ok it just gives us more sitting space. I had the couch across the room for the car seats but I thought it would look cool as a sectional. Well it was pretty cool but the just don't match. I thought... well I'll just go get some fabric and make it match the couch. After quickly realizing that it would be easy to find the right blue plaid I decided to just recover all of it.
This is what it looked like before...
AND NOW...
This is what it looks like. I know it's not perfect but it is pretty good sees how I didn't have a pattern to go off of and I hate using pins. I always get frustrated when I am sewing something and Corey always says you know you could use pins. My response to him is "ha who uses pin???" Those people are probably pretty smart and a lot less frustrated. But it turned out ok. (its just a slip cover for both). I realized a lot of my mistakes after I was done making it and I am to worn out right now to fix them. Dallin sure likes his "new" couch.







2 comments:
Hey Kari,
I like the furniture covers. Smart thing to do when you have little kids climbing all over.
I'm glad you helped Corey have a great birthday! I enjoyed the pictures of your fun-filled day.
Love you!
Mom
wow--i'm impressed! You won't see me making slip covers any time soon--they are a ton of work! Great job
Post a Comment